Friday, December 31, 2010
Be safe tonight!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
What's so great about them:
They have naturally occuring sugars
Vitamins A and C
Low glycemic index
Here are some Sweet Potato Facts
My sweet potatoes were grown in Texas or Louisiana according to the sign at Central Market. They were YUMMY too!
2 cups of coffee - 5
2 tsp. sugar - 33
2 tsp creamer - 20
1 can tomato juice - 70
a sausage roll from donut shop - Guessing about 150
Cajun soup from Tom Thumb 230
1/2 can of coke - 50
beef jerky - 116
Snacks throughout the day:
Mozz. cheese stick - 72
1 cup coffee - 2
1 sugar - 16
1 cream - 11
1 chocolate - 44
1 wheat bread - 90
organic peanut butter - 150
All fruit spread - 42
3 oz Baked chicken with salt pepper and jerk seasoning - 126
1 cup (approx) Baked Sweet Potato Fries - 216
1 1/2 cup steamed mixed veggies (cauliflower, broccolli, squash, carrots) - 45 (AWESOME)
I included calories for a pat of butter and some olive oil.
Total Cal: 1486
Exercise: Walked 2 1/2 miles with Sam, my trusty, yet troublesome beagle.
My allergies had me wiped out all morning! I finally got my walk in this afternoon which in turn curbed my sweet cravings. Too bad I can't walk every afternoon. Most afternoons I work. My calorie intake was much improved and eating choices a little better than the last few days. Still, more lean protein and veggies would be good. Sparkpeople still says I need more fiber and calcium.
OK, if you happen to be reading this and you know a lot about nutrition, give me some pointers, constructive critism, whatever! I need it!
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Seems like it has a good carb/protein ratio. Might help me with my cookie dough cravings!
1 piece of wheat toast - 90 cal
organic peanut butter - 150 cal
1/2 banana - 49 cal
2 cups of coffee - 5 cal
2 tsp of sugar - 32 cal
2 tsp of non-dairy creamer - 20 cal
Cal = 346
Progresso Light Italian Meatball soup 1 1/2 serving -140 cal
Zesta crackers 2 servings (10 crackers)- 120 cal.
corn - 80 cal
Cal = 340
chocolate - 3 pieces dark dove chocolate (there are some antioxidants) - 110 cal
4 marshmellows - 100 empty cal.
My Uncle Steve's beef jerky - I don't know how many calories. I'm gonna guess about 180
1 cup of chili -220 cal
1 cup of Jasmine Rice (I planned brown rice, but I seem to be out) - 205
1 oz of cheese - 114 cal
carrots and celery - 36 cal
caramel popcorn - 200
Total Cal: 1651
Too many empty calories, plus too many carbs and not enough protein. I ate too many empty carbs and WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR! According to the the website, Sparkpeople.com where you can enter in your food and it gives your fat, protein, and carb percentages, I did not have enough calcium today either. Also, most of my calories came from my snacking. Instead of eating all that junk and sugar, I should have ate some veggies and maybe some nuts for more protein.
30 Day Shred Level 1, Day 2
2 mile walk while pushing a stroller and walking two dogs!
Total cal: 1871
So, tomorrows goal is to eat less empty calories and eat more healthy, low calorie, but filling foods.
I read, or heard, that we should have humidifiers going in all our rooms at night. Erin has one. Maybe I should get one for Jake, and Jason, and I too.
Read about humidifiers on the Dr. Oz website:
I think I may go out and get some more. I think I will go for the cool mist type.
OK, off to exercise!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
2 cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer and sugar
1 piece of toast with 1 fried egg and a pat of butter
deli turkey sandwich with mustard, colby jack cheese, lettuce, and tomato. All on wheat bread. I had some baby carrots too and a few lays natural potato chips
Jason got called in to fly tonight, so I ate leftovers from last night. I wasn't too hungry after eating a cookie I stole from my brother-n-laws house. BAD!!!!!
two chocolate truffles
An over abundance of caramel nut popcorn! Ughhh!!!! No will-power!
Cookie! Geez, I blew it in the snack area!! BLEW IT!
Exercise: Today I did Jillian Michaels Yoga meltdown. It is HARD! I didn't keep track of my steps for the day. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet 10,000 because it was COLD and I didn't go outside for a walk. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow.
So, sugar is definitely my weakness the last two days of keeping track! It will be removed from my house TOMORROW!!!!!
Monday, December 27, 2010
Monday- Tilapia with pineapples, black beans, and brown rice
Tuesday-Spicy Beef Stirfry with brown rice
Wednesday-Jerk Chicken, baked sweet potato fries, and mixed vegetables
Thursday - Chili with cheese and whole wheat crackers, raw veggies
Friday- Lintel soup and chicken
Saturday - New Years Day - I don't know what we will have. I need to consult my hubby!
I will try to put my lunch menu and breakfast menu in future posts. And, if I really like a recipe, I will post it!
What are you going to eat this week?
Neck: 14 "
Left bicep: 11 3/4"
Right bicep: 12"
Chest: 37 1/2"
Hips: 42 1/2"
Left thigh: 24 1/2"
Right thigh: 24 1/2"
Left calf: 15 1/4"
Right calf: 15 1/4"
Ah, the Bitter truth! FAT! YUCKY YUCKY FAT!
Also, I'll be keeping track of my steps, with the goal of 10,000 a day. Burn baby fat, BURN!!!
2 cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer and a teaspoon of sugar each!
2 cups of water
1 piece of wheat bread, 2 tbsp of organic natural peanut butter, and all fruit spread
Polanar All fruit is sweetened with fruit juices and doesn't have any added sugar. Other jellies and spreads have high frutus corn syrup. YUCK!
I know coffee has it's pros and cons. I will be talking to a doctor about that in January. If I have to quit, then I will, but it won't be easy!
Two cups of water
Three hard tacos from Bueno and a diet coke.
Tilapia with pinapple, quinoa, fresh orange juice and lime with black beans, and corn on the side.
Went to Costco and Central market. Central market had a bunch of fruit samples. I couldn't tell you what all was a costco. I think the only bad sample I had was a stuffed jalpeno popper! It was good though!
I got my husband a firepit for Christmas and we used it for the first time tonight. We made smores, and I did not pass it up. I am weak!!
Water: Over 64 oz.
30-Day Shred: Day 1, Level 1 done!
10,000 steps done!
So, too much snacking but overall it's an improvement over my normal day! I see where I need to improve!
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Here they are!
- Lose 2o to 25 lbs! I've been carrying around Jake's leftover baby weight for a year and it's time for it to go. I'll put in more details later on how I plan to do this!
- 10,000 steps a day and 30 minutes of exercise like yoga or weight lifting.
- Get healthy! It's more than just losing weight! It's getting toxin free, eating better foods, moving my body, etc!
- Declutter my home! We have too much stuff!!!!! We don't pick up after ourselves! My awesome neighbor gave me a "control Journal" from the Flylady! It's the lady that has a website dedicated to getting your home clean and organized! Look it up, it's amazing! My neighbor's home is always clean and she has three kids!
- Spend more quality time with my husband and children! We spend all day with eachother, yet, sometimes we just don't feel connected. The kids take up a lot of our energy and sometimes I just don't put enough energy into my relationship with my kids or my husband, but on other things! I just need to prioritize!
- Make more time with friends! I miss girlfriends! I miss going out with couples. It is just tougher with children. Jason and I want to have friends over more for dinner and hanging out.
- Develop a closer relationship with God. I need to have quiet time daily! I will spend more time in the word!
So many of my goals are as simple as setting up a solid routine! I can surely do that! Can't wait to track my goals and celebrate completing them by 1/1/12!
-Lose 25 lbs
-pierce my belly button after losing 25 lbs. (just for my own personal satifaction and maybe my husband would dig it)
-Get braces. I don't really want them, but would like the end results. No more Fangs!
- Drink coffee and eat a cupcake in Seattle! I so want to see the ocean and the mountains at the same time. And, I LOVE the rain!
- See New Zealand. From what I understand the Lord of the Rings was filmed there. I thought the landscape was breathtaking. So, I want to go!
-Take my kids to Disney World or Land! Mostly I want to go myself. I went as a child and have fond memories.
- I want to take a cruise with my bestfriend, Darci. We need to take a trip together and I think a cruise would be fun! Though, the midnight buffet would not work well with my losing 25 lbs.
- Learn to play guitar! I've always wanted to learn. I may have to wait until my kiddos are both in school. Anytime I go to play the piano they swarm me and take over!
This is my list so far! I know it will grow, but hopefully I will cross some off, even in the year 2012!