Thursday, December 30, 2010

Daily Food Log 12/30/10

Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee - 5
2 tsp. sugar - 33
2 tsp creamer - 20
1 can tomato juice - 70
a sausage roll from donut shop - Guessing about 150

Cal: 277

Lunch:
Cajun soup from Tom Thumb 230
1/2 can of coke - 50
beef jerky - 116

Cal: 396

Snacks throughout the day:
Mozz. cheese stick - 72
1 cup coffee - 2
1 sugar - 16
1 cream - 11
1 chocolate - 44
1 wheat bread - 90
organic peanut butter - 150
All fruit spread - 42

Cal: 427

Dinner:
3 oz Baked chicken with salt pepper and jerk seasoning - 126
1 cup (approx) Baked Sweet Potato Fries - 216
1 1/2 cup steamed mixed veggies (cauliflower, broccolli, squash, carrots) - 45 (AWESOME)
I included calories for a pat of butter and some olive oil.

Cal: 386

Total Cal: 1486

Exercise: Walked 2 1/2 miles with Sam, my trusty, yet troublesome beagle.

My allergies had me wiped out all morning! I finally got my walk in this afternoon which in turn curbed my sweet cravings. Too bad I can't walk every afternoon. Most afternoons I work. My calorie intake was much improved and eating choices a little better than the last few days. Still, more lean protein and veggies would be good. Sparkpeople still says I need more fiber and calcium.

OK, if you happen to be reading this and you know a lot about nutrition, give me some pointers, constructive critism, whatever! I need it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Have you considered Fiber One cereal or granola bars. They are super filling and have a tone of fiber. My usual breakfast is 1 cup of Fiber One cereal and 1/2 cup of milk in it. It is only 200 calories and keeps me full usually until lunch. The great thing about the bars is they are 150 cal or less and you can get chocolate ones! great snack and helps with the sweet cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May need to consider your white sugar intake. The coffee and creamer I think are empty calories that you could use for other things, like fiber or protein.

    Your day looked pretty good there Ter! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete